The Highland County Health Department is accepting applications for (1) one part-time Nuisance Complaint Investigator to work in Highland County for a two-year contract period. This position is structured as an independent contractor, 20 hours per week, grant funded, and long-term sustainability is not guaranteed. Work on this project will be focused on the Rocky Fork Lake area of Highland County.
- Investigate and enforce solid waste and sewage nuisance regulations
- Educate the community on the importance of the proper solid waste and sewage disposal.
- Document nuisances with written reports, photographs, etc.
- Issuing Notice of Violation orders and other letters
- Receive and process nuisance reports from the public, elected officials, and partner agencies.
- Appear in court as needed to support prosecution of nuisances
- Must have a valid driver’s license and auto insurance
- Reliable personal vehicle
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in public health, environmental health, science, or related field
- Reliable and capable of working independently
- Proficient in using computers, including all MS Office Suite
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Public Health, Health Communication, Health Science, or related field or commensurate experience.
- Experience in code enforcement
All qualified candidates are subject to an employment/criminal background check.
Kyle Arn, Environmental Health Director, Highland County Health Department, 1487 N. High St., Suite 400, Hillsboro, OH 45133.
Highland County Health Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer