Did you know?
- Heart Disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women
- Every year about 750,000 Americans have a heart attack
- Almost 600,000 people die of heart disease in the US each year, that's about 2,200 Americans each day, or, one every 40 seconds
- Coronary Artery Disease is the most common type of heart disease, killing 380,000 people annually
- Having high LDL cholesterol puts you at risk for developing heart disease
In an effort to increase awareness and reduce the rate of heart disease, the Health Department will be offering free Lipid Profile Screenings during the month of February. Screenings are available to Highland County Residents age 45 or older. The Lipid Profile requires that you have nothing to eat or drink 12 hours prior to the test. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call the Health Department at 937-393-1941.