Nuisance Complaint Investigator
The Highland County Health Department employs a part-time Nuisance Complaint Investigator whose job encompasses the following :
- Investigate and enforce solid waste and sewage nuisance regulations
- Educate the community on the importance of the proper solid waste and sewage disposal.
- Document nuisances with written reports, photographs, etc.
- Issuing Notice of Violation orders and other letters
- Receive and process nuisance reports from the public, elected officials, and partner agencies.
- Appear in court as needed to support prosecution of nuisances
This role is vital to the health and safety of the residents in Highland County. If you know of a potential nuisance in your area or around Highland County please complete a Nuisance Complaint form (below) and return to the Highland County Health Department-Nuisance Complaint Investigator.